ARMADE DE BRIGNAC BRUT IN GIFTBOX
RATED THE No.1 CHAMPAGNE IN THE WORLD
• 1,000 Champagnes were blind‐tasted. Armand de Brignac was ranked number one.
• This year, the world’s most respected wine critics and sommeliers put brand images and prices aside to conduct a rigorous blind‐tasting of more than 1,000 brands. The results were published in Fine Champagne magazine, the only international publication devoted to Champagne and a renowned authority on the industry.
• Each Champagne was rated on a 100‐point scale. The process was so strict that, if judges’ assessments were more than four points apart, the Champagne would be re‐tasted and re‐assessed. When the results were weighed, the top ten included many classic names. The surprise first‐place finisher was Armand de Brignac Brut Gold, with a taste score ranking No. 1 among the world’s best Champagnes.
The Top Ten:
1. 96p Armand de Brignac Brut Gold
2. 95p 2000 Dom Pérignon
3. 94p 1998 Mumm Cuvée R. Lalou
4. 94p 2002 Roederer Cristal
5. 94p 2000 Egerier de Pannier
6. 94p 1998 Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill
7. 93p 1998 Dom Pérignon Rosé
8. 93p 1999 Jacquart Blanc de Blancs
9. 93p 2002 Roederer Cristal Rosé
10. 93p NV Chartogne‐Taillet Fiacre
- Wine's Aroma
It's sumptuous, racy fruit character is perfectly integrated with the wine's subtle brioche accents.
- Wine's Palate
Its texture is deliciously creamy and the palate has great depth and impact with a long and silky finish. A superb and singular example of a Prestige Champagne.
- User Reviews (0)